The Main Event

Main-Event-Result.png

What a superb map this is. After a brief hiatus I am back playing all of the titles and found this to be one of the more enjoyable games against the AI, as I struggle to find human opponents.

**Spoilers**

I was probably very over-cautious to begin with, setting up a smoke screen for my manoeuvre element coming in from the copse of trees as there were no enemy really looking 'out' from the town. That said as soon as you get a foothold you realise how many MG42s the designer gave the Germans 😆

The JPz 4 frontal armour shrugged off the bog-standard 75mm rounds so I had to come around with the Firefly to take care of them. Some quite hairy moments but very entertaining for it.

Can anyone recommend any similar maps which are a bit more open than the usual bocage? I played through the Road to Montebourg and had enough of the real big boy hedgerows...

Edited by Flibby