"Gunnery accuracy equations modified slightly "

"- Gunnery accuracy equations modified slightly to permit greater accuracy at point-blank ranges."

I have played b24 as much as possible since it's release. I have enjoyed it VERY much.

It is stable and it is fun.

Does anyone here know what Charles means when he says "at point-blank ranges"?

I have now played a good many tank battles where the average range was 500 meters or less, and I would say, in my experience, there is a greater chance to hit modeled now for tank gunners. I like it, and I think it is noticable, reg, vet, Crack, and Elite tank crews now hardily EVER miss even their first shot at against NON hull down targets at less than 500 meters.

Has any one else noticed this increased accruacy? Getting the first shot off quick now REALLY counts for something. AND with the additional use of the Allied Tungsten hyper shot, tank battles at less then 500 meters, seem ALOT deadly than before!

I have no actual experience of whether or not this is now MORE realistic or less realistic, but in my own (limited) personal opinion, this NEW short range accuracy tweak, makes the game, and targeting aquisition, behave ALOT more like the accuracy charts of weapons tested at gunnery ranges, that have been mentioned in those two (very lengthy) Long range gunnery accuracy threads.

I REALLY like the way the tank gunnery accuracy "feels" now. It makes you even MORE careful with your tanks because you can't count on the likely hood of your oppenent firing a first shot miss that way it used to be. Getting that first shot off quickly seems ALOT more urgent now, making Vet Crack and Elite tanks crews EVEN more valuable!

Thanks again! smile.gif

-tom w

(NOTE)

You'll notice I did NOT once use the phrase "superior gunnery optics" in the above compliment, paid specifically to Charles and his new short range gunnery accuracy equations!! smile.gif