Anyone else have this problem with the new DB?

I downloaded and extracted the Database and the pic files and am only gettting some of the pics and data to run properly. For instance, the Jerry infantry loads well but now of the others load at all....and I dont get any guns to load from any nationality. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rondor

(Desperately waiting for his full version)

The guns and arty don't load because I don't have the info in yet. smile.gif

Before adding new info, I wanted to get the layout of the infantry and vehicles set first. The screen has one layer of formatting for each type of unit. Right now, with only two layers, it is easier to change things than it would be with four.

About the pics - the pics are almost turning into more problems than they are worth. I have received half a dozen reports on pic problems but none like yours.

Are you getting an error message that says "picture not found"? Are you running Excel 97 or 2000?

I'll have to check on another computer and see if I can get it running there.

Jason

Just the thread I was looking for....

I can't get the Data sheet to show anything but the German security squad.I've tried to select other squads,but the data sheet won't change.I don't know much at all about Excel,

either...dosen't help much.I'm using the d/l

viewer.Any clues?

I put a little blurb in the readme that kinda mentions that the pics and individual unit screen don't work with the free viewer. I have now put it in bold. smile.gif

The reason they don't work with the viewer is that the viewer is read-only and the drop-down menus require interaction with the screen.

The macros hate anything other than Excel 97 or 2000 but I have cobbled together a solution if you have a full-fledged spreadsheet other than Excel 97/2000.

Jason

Think of the database as free advertising for all the cool things you can do with Excel rolleyes.gif

Hi:

Sorry for the late reply but was doing some long range recon in North Carolina.

The answer to your question is yes...the pics and 1.11 file are in the same folder on my desktop.

Please dont get too frustrated with your project. Despite the tweaks it needs it is an awesome help and you have obviously put a huge amount of work into it.

Best Regards,

Rondor

Guest KeyserSoze

Same here Mch, I downloaded excel from the site given but when I open it I can only view the security squad. I wanna see the rest cause it looks pretty cool, but I just can't. I can also view the charts selected at the bottom but not individual units with the pretty pictures.

[This message has been edited by KeyserSoze (edited 08-26-2000).]

If you are using the free Excel viewer, you are SOL trying to get the individual unit screens to work.

If you ARE running Excel 97 or 200 and keep getting pic not found messages there are several possibilites.

1. You first opened up an Excel file that was in a different directory than the database file. The macro looks for the pics in the directory of the FIRST workbook that was opened.

This has been fixed. Pictures are now looked for in the directory of whatever the ACTIVE workbook is (i.e - the database)

2. You are using a Mac. A user kindly pointed out how Mac directory structures work. They don't have backslashes but the database was looking for for a backslash in the directory.

This has been fixed.

3. You don't have the database file and pictures in the same directory. This you have to change for yourself.

4. Whn you switch either from one class of unit to another (infantry to vehicles) or from one nationality to another (German to British) the unit position indicator stays in the same spot. That is, if you are looking at German vehicle number 47 (Wirbelwind) and switch to American vehicles you will get a picture not found error. This is because the American don't HAVE a vehicle number 47 as the American only have 41 vehicles.

This has been fixed. Now that database switches to the first unit and the pic not found error won't show up.

5. You are attempting to access info on artillery or guns. Artillery and guns are not yet in the database and you will get a pic not found error.

Jason

You DID unzip the 2.5 MB picture download?