Vehicles remaining exposed

I searched but could not find - is there already a discussion about this?

I see, every now and then, vehicles coming under fire from a serious threat and they don't take cover or avoidance action. Then they're destroyed. So, for example, in FB, in the Meijel scenario - and this is just one example - a Panther at one end of a road comes under fire from an M8 at the other end. So the M8 knows the threat is there, because it's firing at it. The Panther advances towards the M8 firing, over two turns (2 minutes) and misses 6 times, in fact. The M8 - controlled by the AI opponent - is sufficiently alarmed for the commander to button up. But over 2 minutes and 6 shots the M8 doesn't seek cover and doesn't move from the middle of the road - and the 7th shot kills it. Before it died I surrendered and checked its status - it wasn't immobilized or otherwise damaged. 

I see this kind of thing a bit too much to ignore. But is this just how it is? Or is there already a discussion about this kind of thing which I haven't managed to find? 

Many thanks. 

Edited by peter thomas