Hi-Res Faces Mod *Preview*

What grass mod are you using?

BTW, those would have to be the longest potatoe mashers I've ever seen!

Seriously, I think they're very good but one query I have...was it allowed in the German army to have a close cropped beard only around the upper lip and chin area? I think it's a good idea to have stubble all around the face to give the impression of harried troops not properly rested but a close cropped beard like that one does not quite look right IMHO. Overall though, a very nice mod.

Regards

Jim R.

Looks great! I look forward to the finished product.

RE: the facial hair. I would avoid anything other than stubble, especially on German troops. While you might find the occasional Gebirgsjaeger with a beard, the overall preponderance of photos of German troops show no beards and no moustaches. While moustaches were allowed by regulations, the social trend for the younger Soldaten was clean shaven. From what I can gather from my reading, facial hair like beards and moustaches was viewed as "uncool" at that time in Germany, sort of like short hair was in the U.S. in the sixties.

Looks real good. One point and you may not be able to do anything about it is the bottom of the neck where it meets the body. I realize this is a blown up picture and you may not even be able to see it in the game but thought I'd mention it in any case. Other then that looking real good.

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

What grass mod are you using?

Seriously, I think they're very good but one query I have...was it allowed in the German army to have a close cropped beard only around the upper lip and chin area? I think it's a good idea to have stubble all around the face to give the impression of harried troops not properly rested but a close cropped beard like that one does not quite look right IMHO. Overall though, a very nice mod.

Regards

Jim R.

Keep in mind that the face textures are also used for the opposing side as well. Needless to say, you may swap out the faces with any included alternates to better suit your preference. They aren't really meant to be 100% historically accurate, just something that is visually appealing.

As for my grass mod - Most of the terrain mods I am using are done by the talented Mr. Ed Kinney because they mesh together so well.

Looks real good. One point and you may not be able to do anything about it is the bottom of the neck where it meets the body. I realize this is a blown up picture and you may not even be able to see it in the game but thought I'd mention it in any case. Other then that looking real good.
Unfortunately, as MikeT pointed out, these are outside of my control. Since the collar and hands are part of the uniform, the color must be manually changed to match the face. I can't do this without overwriting any uniform mods, which is not a good idea ;) . You can see in the screenshot that I retextured the hands to match the facial coloring.

I might include a texture that can be manually applied to flesh colored areas on the uniform (ie. hands) to better match the face.

Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

They really look good. The most detailed faces I've seen yet. The only thing I might suggest is a little shadowing on the face right below the helmet. Are you planning on doing a face mod for CMBB?

Good suggestion, I'll include a set which has a more distinct shadow below the helmet.

I don't currently have any plans for modding CMBB, having too much fun with CMBO at the moment. :cool:

The faces look great, very detailed. Is it possible to add any detail to their hands. With the faces, weopons, and the uniforms looking so hi res crisp, the stock hand graphics end up looking like pink mittens
I agree with you, I don't like the basic looking hands but they are a pain to get semi-realistic looking. I tried a few different methods and failed miserably. :(