AAR - UK H2H Brit Mech Plt vs Uncon SF2

THH149

A few comments about this one after a H2H play....

• what a wonky name for a scenario!
  • The Brits (I think) are heavily advantaged against H2H Syrian. The Syrian's seem to be well armed with some good RPG/ATGMs and Veteran troops, but the UK are overpowering with Javelins, APCs, artillery and an Apache. Although the Syrians are Veteran's, the Brit Regulars have much more significant combat power.
  • The approach I used as the Brits was to swing around the British left  using folds in the ground to draw up into the small village as a fire base for push into objective zone. When Syrian Artie hit me there I covered in the buildings until it passed. While the main force was being hit I advanced the Javelins in the centre to target buildings and a trio of APCs on the far right to edge toward main 2 storey building in the objective village. All Brit Art and the Apache was concentrated against the Objective, timed one to follow the other, and the final push to start when the Apache finished. The Brits tried to focus on one Syrian at a time while covering the roofs to keep the Kornet away.  The RPGs as usual got hits but each team was quickly overwhelmed
  • British lost 4 APCs (one to friendly fire as I hit the building it was next to with a Javelin), 14 killed and 11 wounded (of 75 at start and 9 APCs). By game end the Syrian's had 1 man left.  This gave Brits a Major Victory.
  • Highlights: the Syrian Kornet hit something.

Best

THH