Clear wreckage

I am on a mission where I have to cross a bridge.

Unfortunately enemy wreckage is blocking the bridge. If I do try to cross it slows my units considerably. And now they are stuck. I understand that this is a sim but some things cant be simulated precisely, problems such as this. I suppose in real life they would clear the bridge somehow ...but we cant do that in game. I cant even target the wreckage.

Is the only solution to go back before destroying the enemy at the bridge and hope it isnt destroyed on the bridge!?! Is there some other way?

21 minutes ago, AncientForest said:

Is the only solution to go back before destroying the enemy at the bridge and hope it isnt destroyed on the bridge!?! Is there some other way?

You could reload and hope the bridge was clear next time but this is kind of an interesting tactical problem (I guess it could also be frustrating).  

Your units should still be able to cross.  The problem is your vehicles will slow  and might turn back & forth exposing side armor etc as they cross.  This might be what you were referring to above when you said your units were slowed. 

Maybe you could get infantry across the bridge first and expand the bridgehead so your vehicles could more safely cross.  And/or use smoke.  I might also check for a ford nearby.  Sometimes the necessity to cross a single bridge in a scenario can ruin the scenario if the one and only bridge (means to cross) is destroyed.  So often scenario designers will place a shallow ford in the general area.  I always check for fords anyways but I might double check in this circumstance.       

Edited by MOS:96B2P