Blind Tank Gunner (in VoT)

Spoiler alert for the few remaining people who haven't played VoT (if such exist).

Playing VoT against a live opponent (who is about to see the movie), I put one of my Shermans on the left (to his surprise smile.gif ). He has a bunch of guys in the two story house right at the edge of his setup area, and I suspect one might have a shreck, so I'm parked back about 200 meters with the nose of the Sherman pointed down. I put a few nice rounds into the upper floors of the house, making his squads really unhappy, and then the return fire caused the Sherman to button up.

Once buttoned, the Sherman starts shooting at some guys in the back of the house, but it turns out there's a slight bump in the terrain as you crest the rise to the house. It can't be more than a half meter, and the gunner starts pumping shells into the ground 40 m in front of the house, right next to my guys! The first one is forgivable, but he kept doing it. Fortunately the infantry got the hell out, but he just kept blasting away! Quite annoying (but having read plenty of accounts of "friendly" fire lately, not all that surprising.) There needs to be a "see optometrist" option in the orders menu.

i have had a similiar but worse (in my opinion) situation. I had a schreck targeting an infantry unit in VoT and the unit charged some men in a foxhole. The schreck was back aways and got off three rounds into my own troops causing them to panic and leave the foxhole where they were cut down. It was painful to watch and I wanted to find the orders button way before the turn was over. Realistic but ugly