Is this a bug?

Last night I set up the following QB. TYPE: Axis Combined arms, Allied Armor. FORCE: Volkssturm vs Amarican. QUALITY: Both medium. PURCHASE UNITS: Axis Computer, Allied Human. BATTLE TYPE: Attack (US). *FORCE SIZE*: 1250 points. MAP SIZE: Large. ATTACKER: Allied. HANDICAP: None. DATE: Aug 1944. TIME: Day. WAETHER: Clear. TURNS: 40. MAP: Rural/trees light/modest hills. CHOOSE SIDES: Allied. FOG OF WAR: Full. COMP EX BONUS: Normal (None). One Player. Ok, heres the trouble. when I get to the unit selection screen. It shows 2000 points every time I set this QB up. I set it to 1250 points, and I get 2000. Is this a bug?

------------------

Semper Fi.

[This message has been edited by Jarhead (edited 08-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jarhead (edited 08-06-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

Nope. Because you are attacking, the program automatically awards you extra points. If you were the defender, the computer would get the extra points.

That's to compensate for the fact that attacking is (usually) more difficult and dangerous than defending.

If that still bothers you, you don't have to spend the extra points, you know. Or alternatively, you could choose a Meeting Engagement, where you would get equal points.

Michael

Well as they at M****soft, it is not a bug, it's a feature biggrin.gif

Well the points are if IIRC for the defender,

and the attacher gets these points affected by a factor depending on the mission of the attacker.

Points are even only with a meeting engagement setup wink.gif

------------------

Nicolas

http://perso.infonie.fr/nicolas.counio/combat_mission1.html

"Deux intellectuels assis vont moins loin qu'une brute qui marche"

Un Taxi Pour Tobrouk

Ok, that explains it then. It did not bother me to have the extra points. But now I know why I recieved them. Up till that QB, all I had played were meeting Engagements. So I always had the points I set up in the QB. So that was my frame of mind as I set that attack QB up. Thank you for the info.

------------------

Semper Fi.