New Scenario - "Tiger Woods"

New scenario uploaded to CMHQ Scenario Depot. If you would like it befor it clears, email me.

Title: Tiger Woods

Type: German/American Meeting engagement

Date: January 1st, 1945

Weather: Clear Skies, Snow

Length: 35

On December 31st, 1944 at 23:30 hours, operation "NORDWIND" was launched by the Germans in the Alsace-Loraine region. The 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division, "Gotz von Berlichingen" struck south with fanatical furry along a line east to west from Bliesbruck to Rimling, France. Attached to the 17th was a contingent of "Jagdtiger" heavy tank destroyers. While elements of the US 100th Infantry Division held tenaciously at Rimling, the 17th SS Panzer-Grenadiers penetrated the line held by the 44th Infantry Division into the Bliesbrucken Woods. By morning the 44th was engaged in a fierce struggle to retake the woods...

Authors Note: This is a "semi-historical" battle. While the 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division did thrust into the Bliesbrucken Woods in the matter of a few hours, It took the Germans a couple of days to move up their Armor. This was due to icy road conditions and the fact that when the Germans pulled out several months before, their engineers did too good of a job on the roads and bridges. While it is doubtful that any Jagdtiers were engaged within the woods, I just could not resist using the title "Tiger Woods". I have constructed this battle to accommodate slower CPU's and appeal to both "head-to-head" and single player mode.

GP