Mechanical breakdown

I'm yet waiting my full copy so I don't have the manual. it seems as mechanical failures and lack of oil aren't taken into account in the current system. Even in this scale, I believe it would be nice to simulate the exceptional reliability of US tanks and vehicles, German design being often overcomplicated and fragile. This feature will be yet more intresting with CM2 as soviet tanks were notably subject to breakdown. Lack of oil impeding movement of vehicles is needed too to simulate some situation ( 2nd Pzdiv in the Ardennes...)

last thing smile.gif : Of course 3D view is one part of the extraordinary value of this game. But I will give more praise to the fact that for the first time I've nothing to disagree with the current rules. Of course, here and there some details can be added but I don't have the realism concern I've found into each board or computer wargame I've bought.

My lone regret is it risks to be a long time before the release of a such good operational or strategic wargame.

unless I am mistaken (and I most certainly could be) the odd "immobilized" vehicle could represent that, not just getting stuck in mud. I have had a few vehicles get immobilized in open, dry fields without an enemy shot being fired, so I assumed it was due to breakdown.

------------------

this is pathfinder's evil twin

Vehicle reliability has been discussed here:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/004103.html

check it out...

Bottom line, AFV's did not usually break down in combat, but usually on the way TO or FROM the action on the road away from the fight, so CM assumes that every AFV that actually made it into the battle and didn't breakdown on the way and is a reliable AFV, these are short battles, most are less than 90 minutes long, mechanical failure in this short combat time frame should be VERY minimal, as I understand it, there is no mechanical breakdown modeled in the game.

Please read the above thread.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>