Dragons teeth and mods

Guest Napoleon1944

Guest Napoleon1944

Can someone mod the roadblock into dragons teeth? If I had time I would give it a shot. Also, the MG42 sound seems a bit too slow for the ROF. CCII has a great sound effect for the MG42. I have been trying to convert these sound files but I have not had any luck thus far. One other idea I had was to mod the wooden bridge into a bailey type bridge. Additional ideas I have are "mailpouch" type ads on buildings and propaganda and recruiting posters on buildings. I have downloaded and added some posters to my buildings, but the resouloution was not high enough. Just wanted to see if any realists out there are working on or could assist me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Napoleon1944:

Can someone mod the roadblock into dragons teeth? If I had time I would give it a shot. Also, the MG42 sound seems a bit too slow for the ROF. CCII has a great sound effect for the MG42. I have been trying to convert these sound files but I have not had any luck thus far. One other idea I had was to mod the wooden bridge into a bailey type bridge. Additional ideas I have are "mailpouch" type ads on buildings and propaganda and recruiting posters on buildings. I have downloaded and added some posters to my buildings, but the resouloution was not high enough. Just wanted to see if any realists out there are working on or could assist me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The original (ie from the CD) wav file for the MG42 is a fairly accurate representation. The wav file in one of the mod packs is an incorrect aural simulation of the MG42. Have you loaded a sound mod?

Napoleon1944 wrote:

> Can someone mod the roadblock into dragons teeth?

I think most people use rough ground tiles in place of dragon's teeth.

> Also, the MG42 sound seems a bit too slow for the ROF. CCII has a great sound effect for the MG42.

BTS have been very careful to accurately reproduce firearms sounds, and the MG42 has come into question before. Just because Close Combat sounds nice doesn't mean it's accurate.

> One other idea I had was to mod the wooden bridge into a bailey type bridge.

The problem with mods like that is they apply to all maps, so every wooden bridge will become a Bailey bridge.

> Additional ideas I have are "mailpouch" type ads on buildings and propaganda and recruiting posters on buildings.

I'm not sure you'd find recruiting posters in France. Germany maybe, but again, if you modify graphics they become universal.

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

Guest Napoleon1944

Do you remember the filename of the MG44? I will do some comparisons. I was at a wargaming convention and I noticed some CDs for sale with authentic sounds of aircraft engines and I believe weapons. I will have to check into this for mod usage. The more realistic, the better!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Napoleon1944:

Do you remember the filename of the MG44? I will do some comparisons. I was at a wargaming convention and I noticed some CDs for sale with authentic sounds of aircraft engines and I believe weapons. I will have to check into this for mod usage. The more realistic, the better!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

00000440.wav - 00000442.wav = MG42 LMG/HMG

00000445.wav - 00000446.wav = Squad MG42

BTS's MG42 sound was created by them after hearing an actual weapon firing, IIRC.

MadMatts' sounds were taken from SPR.

My sounds were taken from a video of an actual MG42 firing.

They all sound good. You just need to choose which you like best...

Guest Napoleon1944

Ok then, can someone mod the rough ground tiles to make decent looking dragons teeth? The roadblock is a 3d shape and I thought it would work well. Here is the link to the posters to cut and paste onto your buildings:

http://warflag.com/flags/worldwar/german.htm

For modified terrain, Someone will come up with an installer eventually to add in whatever terrain you like, so if I want French buildings and a baily bridge, I just add them in. The idea here is to get the terrain modified to several different configurations. You will see desert terrain and buildings soon.