blowing up bridges

mg

My fault ! Guess you're referring to a preview of the STAVELOT-scenario on my webpage.

Engineers in CM can unfortunately not blow up bridges. I just wanted to appeal to the imagination of the viewers.

POTENTIAL SPOILER INFORMATION AHEAD

To simulate this action in a scenario, I gave an arty spotter 240 mm a limited amount of rounds (4) and a target reference point on the bridge. This leaves you during the play with a chance of 1 out of 2 to destroy the bridge. (Not sure if AI will act the same way). As the destroying of the bridge played historically an important role during the siege of STAVELOT, I just wanted to incorporate this feature in the scenario.

I 'am sorry if I have misled you. It was just a gimmick. Probably it will not be in the final version of the Stavelot scenario.

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

You're right, McAuliffe, I did see it on your website (Its great and the scenarios looks really good to, can't wait until the weekend when I will have the time to try them). The idea with the spotter is good too and I don't feel misled but its to bad you cant use the engineers for blowing things up.

smile.gif

Anyway thanks!

/mattias

[This message has been edited by mg (edited 09-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mg (edited 09-21-2000).]