Damn you BTS, You Can't Go Home Again

Guest Zulu1

Guest Zulu1

I d/l'd Steel Panthers WAW last night, all 272 meg of it. With apologies to Wild Bill, Matrix and the other folks, I just can't get into it. CM has ruined me for the "old" war games. Why eat boloney when you can have steak. I've got SP1,2 and 3 and enjoyed many hours playing them, especially SP1. I also bought TOAW - Elite Edition for $12 Cdn in a bargain bin. Another coaster. smile.gif Bring it on BTS. I'm ready for the revolution.

Alas! and woe too. frown.gif The same thing happened to me just now. tried to while away the time until final CM release, but..., guess I meant what I said in another thread about 'the new era in wargaming.' smile.gif

Ah, well... biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JeffRaider:

Know how you feel. . .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, man! That's a thread from last december!

you suffer even worse than I do. wink.gif

But look at the bright side (at the risk of stepping on some SP toes, sorry): Who needs SP (anymore) now that CM is here?

In some unforseeable future I will play SP1 again. Even if it is only for old time sake.

It is after all, for me, one of those golden 'oldies.' smile.gif

BTW, Jeff; didn't know there were other people out there who use words like 'alas.' appropriate choice I think. smile.gifwink.gif

[This message has been edited by Juju (edited 05-20-2000).]

Juju,

I see your point, but I have enough free space on my hard disk for both games, CM and SPW@W wink.gif

You can't compare them smile.gif If I want the long campaign (unrealistic but fun!) I play SP, if in the mood for some after D-D action, I play CM.

Fred