More Soldiers

Hi

I would really like to see the 3 men soldier group become a 12+ group , now that our PC's have the horsepower to do that , it will also be great to see dead soldiers on the map for the same CPU reason.

Please apply this option in a patch if you can.

Guest Germanboy

If you do a search on both questions, I guess you will find that neither of them will happen anytime soon. And would you honestly like to have casualty markers litter the map? In some situations I find the current system very confusing (e.g. when the AI leaves two platoons at a road-block). I got used to the 3-men representation, and I really don't want it to change, it is an excellent solution I find.

------------------

Andreas

I'd luv 12 men squads reresented to, but I think the big problem here is the scale. At the moment u can squeeze 2 squads and 1 HQ unit into a house. Evn then sometimes 1 man from a squad will be sitting outside the house. Think about it with 24 men+ the HQ unit... you would be lucky to fit 1 squad in the the house. The only way u could do it would to be decrease the men down to 1/2 the size and that would make them almost impossible to see.

I'd luv 12 men squads reresented to, but I think the big problem here is the scale. At the moment u can squeeze 2 squads and 1 HQ unit into a house. Evn then sometimes 1 man from a squad will be sitting outside the house. Think about it with 24 men+ the HQ unit... you would be lucky to fit 1 squad in the the house. The only way u could do it would to be decrease the men down to 1/2 the size and that would make them almost impossible to see.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

I'd luv 12 men squads reresented to, but I think the big problem here is the scale. At the moment u can squeeze 2 squads and 1 HQ unit into a house.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm.. have you been using the "unit visual scale" adjustment?

12 men squad take the same space, no matter how big the units

look like. I'd say, at "realistic" scale the soldiers are "realistic".

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I would really like to see the 3 men soldier group become a 12+ group , now that our PC's have the horsepower to do that , it will also be great to see dead soldiers on the map for the same CPU reason.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To do this BTS would have to lower the scale

of the game.To track all those body positions,co-related with wich man of the group died and where...I feel CPU power

is a little overestimated here.

Try this:Make a scen with 50-100 Vehicles

a side...Then see what happens when you hit GO....

[This message has been edited by mch (edited 07-15-2000).]