The 1.06 patch

Sven

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sven:

It's been quite some time now since the Beta version was released, are there eny news about when the real 1.06 patch will be released?

I don't care about TCP/IP, but other fixes would be nice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sven,

That was exactly my question last week. It took a long time before someone took pity on me with some sort of answer. I'll do my best from what I've been able to tell:

1. It should be called version 1.1 when it is final.

2. It will be the next thing out. Most likely there'll be no more betas.

3. Version 1.1 would be out around the end of January IF there was NO beta testing. So, as I read that, it looks like we'll see the final version BEFORE the end of January.

Not very definitive is it. Rest assured that they are hard at work on this and yet, it is the Holiday season afterall. Speaking for the majority of members on this discussion board, one VERY BIG feeling is that they take their time and get it right.

I'm also certain that CM2 is something that BTS is just itching go get finished. This CMBO patch/ enhancement is a stop along the way before they can devote full steam to CM2.

God's speed to them.

Jumbo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jumbo:

I'm also certain that CM2 is something that BTS is just itching go get finished.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they can keep working on CM2 till the last quarter of 2001, and ship it just in time for Christmas 2001?

It'd be a nice present next year! smile.gif

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sven:

It's been quite some time now since the Beta version was released, are there eny news about when the real 1.06 patch will be released?

I don't care about TCP/IP, but other fixes would be nice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, if you want a v1.06 patch, you'll be waiting a long, LONG time. Because the next patch will be the finalized v1.1 patch. That's why all these Beta patches are labeled v1.1b(something). See v1.1 is the same as v1.10 therefore it is larger than 1.06.

As for when we'll see CM2, probably summer of 2002 if we're lucky. About the same time Star Wars: Episode II comes out. wink.gif