High rate of Fire ?

Was playing Merry Xmas at Hemroulle (sp ?) when the following situation happened.

After many turns of succesfully hiding, I ordered a bazooka team to target a Pz IVH at its 2 o'clock position at 60 m. (ft ?) with another in its 3 o'clock but 150 or more meters away.

T+ 0 Bazooka team aims

T+ 5 Bzooka team fires at Pz IV H(and misses)

T+20 2nd Pz IVH fires 1st shot at bazooka team

T+58 2nd Pz IVH (same as T+20) fires its 4th shot at the bazooka team.

That's 4 rounds in less than 40 seconds. Even with the proper round in the tube, that's damn fast.

Anyone else think this is TOO fast ?

Oh yeah the bazooka team died on the 4th shot.

Cheers,

Rifle

Guest KwazyDog

Rifle, this isnt my area of expertise, but I have recently seen footage of a two man bazooka team and they were loading it pretty damn fast. Once you loose that second guy though, you are in trouble... smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

Umm, Kwazy, I think he talking about the crew of the tank. eek.gif

Either way, its very fast but doable. Just out of curiosity, what was the experience of the crew?

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest KwazyDog

Oh, hehe, ooops.

To be honest I see no problem if its the tank crew that being refered to though, 10 secs to load a round seems quite reasonable...Ill see if I can dig up some references.

Dan

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 11-24-2000).]

Well, I guess my biggest problem is thinking that the crew of that 2nd Mk IV would have to 1) acquire the target (the bazooka team) and 2) traverse and depress the turret and finally 3) take the shot.

It took them less than 15 sec to do this - just amazing.

Cheers,

Rifle

[This message has been edited by Rifle (edited 11-24-2000).]

Mark IVs fire 6 rounds per minuet on average with an average crew (in CM, I have no idea about Real Life). Thats 1 round every 10 seconds so 4 in 40 seconds sounds about right. Yes I have tested this.

It's intersting to note that Shermans (75) only fire 5 per minuet on average.

------------------

You mean my Java coded Real Time Bar Fight Simulator Madmatt Mission: Beyond BiteMe ISN'T going to be published?!?

Madmatt

Try it the other way around... watch that ubermodelled Sherman turret come 'round to find Herr Schreck.

Just tried it- a moving plain-vanilla M4 Vet broke off plastering a schreckster long enough to wingshoot a moving PSW234/1 at 100m+, cruising in the opposite direction, then swiveled back to the 'schreck and destroyed his building.

Talk about target acquisition. Shermans shine up close.