AI heading for cover

Sven

This is a bug:

When the AI (your own troops or the computer's) decides to run for cover, they tend to pick a building. In the scenario I'm playing now with a friend, my troops decided that it was time to run for that building to get away from it all.

The thing is that the building is behind enemy lines, protected by squads postioned right in front of the house, leaving all my soldiers (2 squads) dead.

AI is for Artificial Insanity, you see :)

I have lots of similar kind of experiences.

Tanks stops suddenly in the open when he sees enemy gun, turret targets infantry despite of imminent tank threat ahead and so on...

Yes I know, good AI is allways hard to make, game is otherwise excellent but I hope they would patch AI or CM2 would make AI little bit better.

I hope they can make the AI drivers use other controls of the vehicles besides the accelerator pedal too.

I lost a HT in a PBEM when the AI driver reversed straight back and did not turn the vehicle to the protective cover of the woods it was hugging.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sven:

This is a bug:

When the AI (your own troops or the computer's) decides to run for cover, they tend to pick a building. In the scenario I'm playing now with a friend, my troops decided that it was time to run for that building to get away from it all.dead.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lemme put it to you this way, If you were being shot at would you choose to stand in a open field?

Guest Rollstoy

Is this with the latest patch?!

I have the same problem in "Night at Cheveux". Lost most of my teams this way ... when they only had to step 2 meters back to break LOS (night/fog). I still play 1.03, though (do not ask why!).

Regards, Thomm