The Gold Demo is not ready

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

A few of you might have managed to slip in and download something, but it wasn't the official Gold Demo. The server overloading by people hitting Refresh stopped us from getting the real thing up and everything in place.

Man...

Steve

Thanks for the warning,

Any estimate regarding the appearance of the official replacement gold demo?

I just checked the ftp site and noticed that what I had presumed to be the correct demo was missing.

Thanks for the hard work, hope we see the demo soon.

I apologize in advance to everyone who might be offended by my next statement.

Does the frenzy over the Gold Demo remind anyone else of a certain Who concert?

-Lurker

Guest Madmatt

By the way, that particular concert happend here in Cincinnati and several of the people crushed to death went to my High School. In fact one of the girls who died was my brothers locker partner. So I really doubt there is a connection between the two...

Nobody DIED here tonight... 2 months from now all this wont matter one bit as we should all have our copies by then.

BUT I understand what you mean and I concur and admit guilt in being overly anxious myself...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 05-09-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Well, everything should have been good to go about 2.5 hours ago frown.gif We are getting things ready once again. Dunno when it will be done because some people are still whacking the site with Refreshes and that is giving us a highly variable upload time. Best guess is about an hour, which means roughly 1am EST. Don't worry, we'll let you know when everything is all set wink.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

By the way, that particular concert happend here in Cincinnati and several of the people crushed to death went to my High School. In fact one of the girls who died was my brothers locker partner. So I really doubt there is a connection between the two...

Nobody DIED here tonight... 2 months from now all this wont matter one bit as we should all have our copies by then.

BUT I understand what you mean and I concur and admit guilt in being overly anxious myself...

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MadMatt,

My condolences go out to anyone who suffered a loss in that tragedy. While I didn't live in Cincinnati at the time of the concert, I remember watching the news footage while I sat in my living room in Indianapolis.

The connection between the two event is the hysteria. It is somewhat chilling to see the microcosm mirror the greater world so closely.

And, to assure that this thread doesn't become too morose...

@#!$, I'll be traumatized for life. I was 5 megs into the download on two separate occasions when I got dumped. I could be playing the Gold Demo at this very moment (well, not the real Gold Demo, but a facsimile thereof)!

I'm going to log off and call my analyst.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek,

-Lurker

Guest Madmatt

Lurker,

I wasn't trying to call you out and I do appologize if seemed that way. I was not allowed to go to that concert but can remember vividly watching the local cbs affliate and Al Schotochoti (the news anchor) break down into tears as his own daughter Amy was in the crowd (she was ok). It was a very rough night for my family and Finneytown Highschool has had to leave with that stigma ever since.

I agree and will admit fault in getting wrapped up into the hysteria. These things will happen and they are unfortunate but thankfully in the end this delay is microscopic compared to the time Charles and Steve have devoted of their lives to this product.

I am confident that Combat Mission will be the game we have said and much more.

When it is finally made available I wish everyone a speedy and trouble free download and look forward to seeing the excitement once again flow that followed the original demo release so many months ago.

Take care everyone...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 05-09-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Lurker,

I wasn't trying to call you out and I do appologize if seemed that way.

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt,

No need to apologize. I wasn't offended, threatened, or bothered in the slightest by your post. I hope that you were not offended by mine.

I'm just a militant pacifist trying to get along with my somewhat confusing outlook on life.

-Lurker

Guest Pham

Ugh.... Are you serious? I downloaded the cmdemo.zip and have been playing it since 11:00 or so(EST).. God bless Gozilla...

It rocks, but am I going to have to download another version? This one has file dates of 5/9/2000 and was about 30 megs or so.

Please say it ain't so.

And, even if it's not the "official gold demo", it still kicks ass and you guys have outdone yourselves.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick:

Lurker,

You mentioned that you watched the coverage in your living room in Indianapolis. That's exactly what I did, even in the same city.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh-oh! Another transplanted Hoosier out there...

What part of town did you call home in those days? I lived up on the northwest side of town...

This is just like one big family reunion. smile.gif

-Lurker

(Wanted the name Mad Matt, but Mad Matt beat me to it)

Guest Pham

Oh, and I was *not* one of the monkeys hitting refresh... I just logged directly onto the ftp site when that message for the beta release was ressurected and I was *tricked* into trying to download the demo. Lucikly it all worked out for me. So, what are you guys up to while I'm playing CM? :P