Historical Perspectives

Yeah, CM can actualy reproduce historical events to prime accuracy. I remember playing some games, with everything being as historical as the game can get, but, the outcomes never were historical. The games just behaved too unrealistically. I just love the detail incorporated into this game. Virtually every single good warfare tactic you ever have heard of is applicable to this game.

All that I have to do now is to discover how to kill a King Tiger!

Guest scurlock

In real life: Just stay out of it's range 'till the trany sets the thing on fire.

IN CM? You'll have to outflank it. BTW I just read the otherday where a Sherman 75 short "took out" two King Tigers by shooting the tanks with white phosforous rounds. The smoke being pulled into the tanks from the ventillation sytems made the crews think the things were on fire. On one of the vehicles the heat from the phosforous caused the turret plate welds to crack causing even more smoke to enter the tank. Pretty clever of him eh?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

I just read the otherday where a Sherman 75 short "took out" two King Tigers by shooting the tanks with white phosforous rounds<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this incident is open to a Flashman interpretation:

To the outside world: a brilliant tactical insight, give the guys a medal.

To the tank crew: a sheer panic move--all they were trying to do was prevent the KTs from being able to see them.

Which was it? The world may never know smile.gif

-Bullethead

Guest Big Time Software

Since we have had this debate before, I don't think we should get into the specifics of it again smile.gif But safe to say this "tactic" wasn't in fact anything more than despiration. Why can I say that? Because if it were so effective and desirable it would have become SoP and the kill 5 Shermans to kill 1 Panther would have been reduced to 1 Sherman to kill 5 Panthers. Simple deduction works where historical facts leave off wink.gif

Steve

If you are speaking of those about Barkmann and Wittmann, those are my work, Hijack. These are resumes of larger articles I have done on both themes. I say this because some have found fault with them and I don't want Matt taking the heat for something I wrote.

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

billw@thegamers.net

http://wbr.thegamers.net