57mm/6Pdr Tungsten Penetration

Noticed this weekend that the pen. values for this ammo are not shown, just AP/HE. Anyone know what the approx. values are?

On a side note, I thought that it might be nice to have info like this included in the manual. Something like the vehicle data chart in ASL would be a handy reference since the unit info given in the force picker is pretty sparse.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

A cautionary note, although this is going to happen less and less as patches and versions are released.

If there is a chart in the manual, and a patch overrides some of its values because this or that gun needed adjustment to its penetration values, BTS can't be expected to update the chart in everyone's manual. Having "false" charts will just cause confusion for new players.

Maybe the info could just be posted on the BTS web site instead (?). The chart would be in one place. Easier to administer, don't have to worry about distribution.

Also perhaps the units database could include info on vehicles. When a change is made then the database could be updated, and people who are interested could just download the new version.

Just an idea.

I don't want BTS to fall in the trap Task Force Games fell into with their rules and charts, seemed to me they kept revising their manuals and publishing "errata" ad nauseam.

Just my $0.02, and that's in Canadian currency so it's not worth very much.

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by patboivin (edited 09-05-2000).]

Yes, the recent change in Tiger I front turret armor comes to mind.

To explain my suggestion a bit more: I suggected that manual as repository of this info given BTS' stance on having no electronic version of the manual. I would not care to have *every* bit of info included, just something more than what is currently available now. I think this would help may of the newer players who don't know all the ins and outs of all the hardware as well as being a handy reminder for the grogs. Major data like armor, gun size, # of MGs, turret speed, power/wieght ratio, dates of availability, and size could be included.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right