Patch Not Needed

This product works better than any computer product I have ever purchased in its genre.

Thier is nothing wrong with it. I am very pleased.

The upcoming version 1.03 is really a collection of enhancements, as the only thing this game can do is get better by expanding its scope.

Simply Outstanding. It is the new benchmark of computer wargaming, and its bug free programming is impressive.

Well done.

I have to agree whole heartedly. I just posted on this in another thread. If any of you lurkers out there are reading this and thinking about waiting until the next patch before buying CM, don't. Buy it now! NOW! NOW! NOW!

In it's stock form it doesn't crash and is imeansly playable. The 1.01 patch (now incorporated in all newly purchased copies as 1.02) added more eye candy and made this game phenominal. It doesn't NEED any further patches, so what any additional patches may provide is only going to be more fluff (YES!), but shouldn't cause anyone to delay purchase. The TCP/IP patch isn't even needed, and after lots of craving for it, I find I could care less about it now. I have never been a PBEM player, and have always considered that a quaint holdover from an archaic past, but now that I have used it, it suits CM perfectly, and LAN or WAN TCP/IP implementation will just have one or the other player sitting around WAITING for the other guy. I no longer crave it. BUY THIS GAME NOW!

Z

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fiftymicrolitres:

Btw, I did buy the 25 yr old Macallan's. Pocketbook says ouch!!!! I'm going to crack it this weekend, and then I'll post a review in the tipples thread.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, the good old alt.tanks.whisky thread. Look forward to your review of that one. Slante.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zamo:

The TCP/IP patch isn't even needed, and after lots of craving for it, I find I could care less about it now. I have never been a PBEM player, and have always considered that a quaint holdover from an archaic past, but now that I have used it, it suits CM perfectly, and LAN or WAN TCP/IP implementation will just have one or the other player sitting around WAITING for the other guy. I no longer crave it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, well, I couldn't disagree more. The way I'm hoping TCP/IP will be done is that it will adapt itself well to the WEGO structure. In other words, players will be issuing their orders at the same time. The only wait will be when one side finishes well before the other. In my opinion, it will be much faster and more playable than the current PBEM method which has an excessive number of e-mail exchanges for my liking.

Regards,

- Erik

Why don't you embark a Allied 57mm RCL on a jeep or halftrack and see what happens and then tell me there isn't any bugs or how about foxholes in pines. The foxholes can be spotted very easy. The foxhole bugs is the only reason i'm not playing any PBEM because of that also why start a PBEM when it might not work with version 1.03

Yes I agree this game is simply awesome but ... people please stop making posts saying we dont need TCP IP .. jsut because it has met all YOUR criterias; it is pretty selfish to say hey .... we dont need the rest of it and neither does anyone else.

I LOVE CM... this game is the best game Ive ever purchased and ICQ is the best way to play it right now.... TCP IP will enable me to play MORE CM and faster smile.gif please dont discourage BTS from releasing further patches that is what will keep this game what it is ... the best smile.gif(hopefully they wouldnt listen to ya anyhow) smile.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

The promise of play via TCP/IP is a major reason I bought the game. However, gameplay is the number one reason.

Concerning waiting for the other player: I'd assume, like most turn-based multiplayer games, there will be an option to place a time limit on turns (usually agreed upon before the game starts). This pressure to complete your commands in a timely manner would add another dimension to the game.

Gus out

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fiftymicrolitres:

Btw, I did buy the 25 yr old Macallan's. Pocketbook says ouch!!!! I'm going to crack it this weekend, and then I'll post a review in the tipples thread.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't even find the 25 yr. old around here (ah, the joys of living in an ABC state), but the 18 yr. old Macallan is $95 a bottle. I shudder to think what the 25 would cost. I'll wait until the next time I'm in Scotland to get my bottle.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Guest Bad Ju Ju

TCP/IP wasn't a big factor in my decision to purchase CM, but it was a factor and, like many, I eagerly await the patch that will provide this feature. With net play enabled, CM may further extend its reach into the market (all you Unreal Tournament and Quake III players listen up--CM is the thinking persons action game smile.gif).) March on, CM!

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil