Cutoff Point between Patches and v.2?

I'm curious if the powers that be have considered a cutoff date between patches and features that will be included in version 2.

I know the major patch will be the one with tcp/ip play, but will there be patches after then?

I also know that we can expect our heroes to continue squashing bugs on CM1, but what about new features to be included in patches? Will there be any (other than TCP/IP) new features in CM1?

Mark

------------------

Scouts Out!

Guest MantaRay

I believe Steve said they would try to put them in, new features and stuff for the next couple of games, going backward. Hope it happens.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hardcore Gamers Daily

That's not exactly my question. I'm guessing that CM2 will show up in 12-18 months, and that CM1 will be back-crafted to include all the new features.

What I'm asking is when will our intrepid game design team begin working exclusively on CM2 and leave the CM1 patchwork behind.

I know that we'll probably see a few new vehicles before CM2, and maybe an AI tweak or two, along with bug-squashing and the TCP/IP. Just curious about the cutoff date between the two.

Mark

------------------

Scouts Out!

Well, they COULD work on CM1 and CM2 simultaneously.

Charles could be busy coding new features for CM1 and Steve could be looking at TO&E and unit info for CM2. The unit databases for the Russians and Germans are going to be HUGE.

Jason

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

Well, they COULD work on CM1 and CM2 simultaneously.

Charles could be busy coding new features for CM1 and Steve could be looking at TO&E and unit info for CM2. The unit databases for the Russians and Germans are going to be HUGE.

Jason<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you've got it right, J. My guess is that most of the work to be done on CM2 would involve research and artwork. Shouldn't be huge changes in the game engine and most of the tweaks that were thought desireable could be retrofitted to CM1.

Michael