PBEM save bug warning!!

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Hi all,

We just found and squashed a PBEM bug this weekend. Funny thing is that it has been there for about 10 months, but only now have we found it and squashed the bugger. Happens that way sometimes smile.gif

So... one thing you should NOT do when playing a PBEM game right now is save during an Orders Phase. If you do this one whole Orders Phase will be skipped. Since PBEM is basically a forced save game making a save during an Orders Phase is really not needed. And it also explains why after all the thousands of PBEM games played we have only just now found it. This bug had been reported once or perhaps twice, but we weren't able to reproduce it.

This bug will still be there for CM 1.0 but will (obvioulsy) be fixed with the very first patch. Until then, simply avoid saving during a PBEM game and there will be no problems.

Thanks!

Steve

I noticed this bug in the beta demo but assumed it had been fixed.

I do find it useful to save during the orders phase especially at work...(or I would if you could)

There's nothing like having to replot a whole turn when you only had a couple of orders to go and had to unexpectedly do something else for a while wink.gif

------------------

"Nah, I'm totally straight-laced. I just play a pervert on the net." - Fionn