Just playing around a little sealion. The convoy route to Russia has been amended from US to Russia directly and path is much harder for me to interdict... is there a disavantage to that new convoy route? Because before when going from US to UK and then to Russia meant the penalty for fall and winter MMP transfer was applied twice now it will only be applied once. is their something that offsets this maybe it's not open 100% a year or at a lower % year round?

Hi

I've checked the scripts and the difference between them is that the US is limited to sending a maximum of 20% of her MPPs to the USSR, whereas the UK had the potential to send up to 40%.

On the one hand, the US economy has greater potential than the British, but on the other they should be investing in countering the Axis in Western Europe or the Med.

Bill

Hum... I still think the Axis is getting a shoddy deal. That convoy route is so conveniant they really should use it from day one of america's entry in the war. :)

Another unrelated question. When does the allied gets to pick its alternate capital as the UK? Upon Axis landing or after Manchester fall?

I see that both Alexandria and Toronto must be allies held for the alternate capital decision to fire, which means for best result you either should really have Alexandria under wraps before attempting Sealion at have it before taking Manchester.

If you can't make the UK surrender, you're pretty much toast. Barbarossa can't be more than catching the Soviet fixed unit flat-footed, the Royal Navy is still around to drain your ressource and supply is terrible in the UK pre-surrender should the US try a landing in force.

Another unrelated question!

If the UK recognize Vichy France what are the odds of getting to french capital ship if the Axis get Algier? Algeria start very much pro-Axis so I want to weight on the value of a diplomatic takeover of Algeria for those french battleships...

Hi

The capital transfer Decision fires when the Axis have units in southern England but Manchester remains in Allied hands, and both Canada and Egypt are still in Allied hands.

In terms of Vichy France, the chances of getting the French capital ship in Algiers is probably low. I think that recognizing Vichy France isn't necessarily a bad thing to do.