Looking for info on Tajik border battle 1993

Luka

I want to learn more about the attack on a Russian outpost on the Afghan border in 1993 during the Tajikistan civil war. Im finding it very hard to find a lot of information on it although I remember a few years ago when I looked into I didn't seem to have this problem. 

So I thought this would be the perfect place to ask if anyone can share some light on the event or send me in the right direction. Maybe someone who is better than me at Russian (a.k.a can actually speak it not just pretend to) will know more or be able to point me to some sources as I expect there would be a wealth of info to be found on it in Russian.

All help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi Luka,

Try Googling                12 ЗАСТАВА 

the Russian Wikipedia page  about the attack

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Бой_на_12-й_заставе_Московского_погранотряда

That says that there was an attack by Afghan rebels on 12/13 July 1993 on Border Post 12 on the Afghan/Tadjik border. The Post was defended by   Russian Federation Border Troops and a small group from 201 Motor Rifle Div.  Google translate will give you the rest.

The Russian Wikipedia page about 'a film based on a novel based on the attack'   

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Тихая_застава_(фильм,_2011)

The film on Youtube (without subtitles)

On the Youtube page for the film and the Google page for 12 ЗАСТАВА  you'll also find links to some documentary films about the incident (all without subtitles unfortunately).

Hope this helps.