Who else felt this way?

Wo else felt total elation then a total let down when they got the e-mail from battlefront.com? I thought all my wating was answered but alas it was for another game all together. Such is life. So who else felt this way when they got their e-mail yesterday?

Well, I'm reviewing AoA and I was happy to see it starting to be shipped so I could get some people to play against in multiplayer.

I'll be posting a review of it to TGN early next week and I think it qualifies as a proper wargame which is also accesible to newbies.

As a matter of fact it is exactly the sort of game which I advocate strongly as being a suitable introduction to wargaming since it's easy to learn BUT really punishes poor play thus it is an excellent learning/teaching tool for young gamers who want to learn squad and platoon combat.

I'm doing a bit better vs the AI now but it's still beaten me more times than I've beaten it *sob*.. I think that has a lot to do with the evil scenario design as well though.

My hint to everyone when they first get it is NOT to be cocky.. I just strolled into the first scenario and lost 20 men for about 10 enemy killed. It's a punishing, punishing game.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest L Tankersley

The email referred to was sent to the battlefront.com mailing list. You have to request to be subscribed to it (it's somewhere on the site, don't remember where exactly). I'd say a message comes out every month or so.

Leland J. Tankersley

I think it'd be a great cityfight simulator. I've been playing an urban scenario and it's slaughter..

It's very tough and I can see that it would be relatively easy to make a Stalingrad mod and then churn out scenarios. Same for Arnhem or Berlin for that matter.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Whoops! Sorry about that wink.gif

The emails went out to our (roughly) monthly news letter. You can sign up for it at:

www.battlefront.com/main_notify.html

We don't SPAM your inbox and NEVER will anybody get a hold of our email list. This is a private thing between Battlefront.com and our customers.

As for Armies of Armageddon, check out the demo if you haven't already. It is a great game, but it did result in CM being delayed by about 4hrs. I asked Charles to double check that the demo installed and 4hrs later he sends me back an email saying "Dude, I just played the whole thing through twice!! Cool game" smile.gif Don't be mad at Boku for making a great game though, Charles needed to take a break anyways!

ftp.battlefront.com/pub/demos/WDKDemo.exe

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 10-14-99).]