Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Some Urban Fighting Questions

db_zero

A few questions on MOUT type battles...

Been playing some PBEM games where the battles are gravitating towards customized built up map areas. In one of the games a lot of building have been leveled. Is vehicle movement going to be impeded next to or near the building that have been leveled? I haven't really noticed a difference. I would think that tracked vehicles would have difficulties navigating rubble and wheeled vehicles even more. A multi-level building-and its been  mentioned 14 stories is the limit coming down would create a pretty big pile of rubble that would create a big if not impossible pile of rubble that a vehicle could not cross.

Has anyone managed to bring down a larger that 2 story building? I have brought down 1 or 2 story level building on a regular basis, but I can't recall ever bringing down a building over 3 or 4 stories what was multi hexes in size, let alone a big max sized Trump Tower like building. I am presuming it is possible and the higher the building the more difficult it is. I'm also presuming the type of building material also make a big difference.

I haven't seen a 14 story building or huge skyscraper in a game yet.

Driving through or parking in a building that has the first level shot out. Looks like that isn't possible. Its useful to blast/shoot out the first level of a building so infantry can move through it, but looks to be like its a no go for vehicles. I would think that a BMP or similar vehicle might be able to move through it-with some rick of becoming immobilized. It would be nice to be able to try it.

Vehicles moving over a leveled building-this looks like its impossible-even for a small 1 story building?

Is vehicle movement going to be impeded next to or near the building that have been leveled? I haven't really noticed a difference. I would think that tracked vehicles would have difficulties navigating rubble and wheeled vehicles even more. A multi-level building-and its been  mentioned 14 stories is the limit coming down would create a pretty big pile of rubble that would create a big if not impossible pile of rubble that a vehicle could not cross.

Yeah, that does not seem to be modeled. The rubble stays in the original building's foot print. Not quite right but it is what it is. For small buildings it is fine but not so much for larger ones.

Has anyone managed to bring down a larger that 2 story building?... I am presuming it is possible and the higher the building the more difficult it is.

Yep it is possible. I had a test map that I used to bring down big buildings. 

Driving through or parking in a building that has the first level shot out. Looks like that isn't possible. .... I would think that a BMP or similar vehicle might be able to move through it-with some rick of becoming immobilized. It would be nice to be able to try it.

Nope not possible. It is way too unsafe to do. Not just due to basements.

Vehicles moving over a leveled building-this looks like its impossible-even for a small 1 story building?

Right impossible. Which is a good thing ( tm)