Random reinforcements?

gambler

Hi all, I've begun to get interested in this series again after having played the original Combat Mission Eastern Front game, and then Afrika Korps.  I have the Italian game, but that theater just never interested me as much as the East Front or North Africa.

I enjoy creating scenarios and the one I liked best was one I did in Afrika Korps to sort of provide more uncertainty to both sides not only as to what the enemy has but what YOU have.  Basically, each side starts on the map with a reconnaissance unit.  And then each side gets random reinforcements from that point on, with some more likely than others.  I always had a blast playing the scenario, because I never knew what I would be facing, and even worse, never knew what resources I would get, and when.  Maybe not the most realistic scenario ever, but it was a lot of fun.

So I guess my question before I spring some dough on Red Thunder, would be whether this kind of scenario is possible.  Basically all I really need is a way to set up a percentage chance each turn of a given reinforcement arriving, but also need the ability to have a large number of reinforcements for each side.

I know exactly what you mean and loved the same thing in CMX1.

With respect to reinforcements like we liked to arrange, CMX2 is different and not as good in my opinion.

You only have 7 Reinforcement groups.

There is only an earliest arrival time in blocks of 5 minutes of elapsed battle time, T=5,10,15,etc and a window of variation after that by similar 5 minute bands. Get it?

No more percentage chance of arrival!

So, I assume it is a coin toss 50/50 for each minute until the reinforcement arrives.

Sure, you can do some fun things but not so much that cool mystery we enjoyed for CMX1.

Some mystery can be there but not the same as CMX1.

But please buy CMRT as these games are very enjoyable! :D