Pre-millenium or Post-Millenium?

Guest Big Time Software

OK, here is the deal then. Schordi, if you keep to discussing CM and refrain from attacking people (as *I* define it, not as you do) you shall retain posting priveledges. As I said above you do seem capable of being a positive member of this BBS, and again that is the only reason you are still here. So if you can act responsibly, then I won't have to boot you. The opposite applies VERY STRONGLY.

As for your claims of innocence, I (and probably everybody else here) don't buy it. I just reread both threads where you attacked Fionn. In the first one he largely ignored SEVERAL flame baits you put out for him before YOU went nuts on him. As for the second time you went after him, you weren't even involved in that thread, but instead came out of nowhere to do NOTHING more than abuse Fionn. This was after you had a CLEAR warning to not do stuff like that. So if I have to ban you I do so with a completely clear concious. I *do* support the notion of free speech, but like anything "free" there are limits (both moral and legal) and there should be.

As for any comparison to totalitarian regimes, I laugh. First of all, you can always express your opinions (or in your case abuse, as opinions are valued here) somewhere else. There is the anarchy of USENET for example.

Just like you can't go into a private space and start shouting anything that comes to your mind (like "Fire!" in a movie theater), the same applies here. In real life you can go to jail (and should!) for infractions of other people's rights.

Our rules are very simple and very clear. If you don't agree with them you are free to go elsewhere. If you don't want to, then we have every right (legal and moral) to show you the door. We have no ability to censor you in total, only your ability to polute this BBS. And I'm sorry to hear you lost a family member for voicing their opinions, but it is totally inapplicable to this BBS. We do not control an entire country, just one tiny little BBS in a sea of oportunities for you to voice your mind.

Steve

P.S. Once again I am going to ask people to not bash Schrodi. If he behaves like a civil human being, then he deserves to be here, even if he has had a very bad start. Besides being a strong believer in free speech, I also believe that someone can redeem themselves if they really want to. That is up to Schordi. I have given him more chances than perhaps I should have, but I don't kick people out of here lightly.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic