In-game Weapons Data

Just wondering about some apparent gaps in the in-game weapons data.

Grenades, whilst obviously being used, are not actually mentioned.Does every squad/team have them and are rifle-grenades factored-in? What is their blast-radius and, possibly, range?

There is no specific info. relating to panzerfausts. Other than knowing that a squad has them, there are no details as to range and penetration, as there is for 'zooks and 'fausts.

The Nahblahblah (close defence system) is not shown as being installed, so it's use can come as a total surprise (Maybe possible for the enemy but not for the owning player, surely)What AFV's have and what don't?

Perhaps this info is to be included in the manual; it needs to be present somewhere.

Finally, the one area I find exasperating is the 'blinking-out' of destroyed units. Would it not be possible to have an on-screen text message pop-up (like the armour damage ones)saying something like 'Bazooka Team elimanted' This would have no impact on graphics (as with dead soldiers) and as units are not being constantly wiped-out, shouldn't slow gameplay. It would be a positive indicator of something having happened, whereas at present, the sudden unannounced disapearance of a unit is very negative and easily missed. In the demo scenarios this is not too much of a problem, but I would think it could be in larger ones.

Just a few thoughts.

Merry Christmas to one and all and, whatever the New Year has to offer, at least it should feature CM.

Cheers

Jim

As far as I have seen every squad has them. Teams don't as far as I can see.

Rifle-grenades aren't in that I've seen.

Wall a faust is "enough" to kill anything it hits basically. I don't have the exact penetration on me but even a Jumbo would be very, very lucky to survive a direct faust hit.

Nahverteidigungswaffen... They are now shown on the screen. The beta demo is two+ months old now. Lots has changed.

Do you have hit Labels on? I think those labels exist already in the demo version. They definitely exist in the gold version (I never play with them though.. spoils the view IMO)

Cheers,

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Grenades are not tracked individually. Every squad has a few dozen of them and you will rarely use more than a few in close combat - not worth the bookkeeping smile.gif

Not sure about rifle grenades, certainly haven't seen them in the game.

The Panzerfausts don't have their stats mentioned in the game, that's right, but you will find out the exact type of the Panzerfaust (30, 60 or 100) when you hit ENTER after selecting a unit. There (in the detailed unit info screen) you'll also find other things, like the Nahverteidigungswaffe. If it's not in there, the tank doesn't have it. Provided, of course, that your guys have identified the right type of enemy tank smile.gif