GUI suggestions

I hope these points were not already discussed here. I think that the CloseCombat games had a good interface:

1) Moving the mouse over an unit, highlights it(with a glow), and information about this unit is displayed (without selecting the unit).

2) The information in the panels is well visualized, with color symbols, instead of numbers.

3) There is s selection panel with a button for each of your units. The buttons indicate the status of the units with colors.

Speaking of user interface.

I think that waypoints setting in CM is handled very well, but I do miss one feature (which I may have overlooked): How is it that you can't revert to the previous waypoint route for a unit in case you mess things up (e.g. by deleting waypoints by mistake).

In my opinion, CM needs an undo function like the one in TAO2; or is there already one present?

Guest Big Time Software

Hello Sebastian,

We can't have live information. We wanted to, but the 3D environment requires too many calculations for this to work. On all but the fastest systems the mouse would move slowly or jerky. Not good smile.gif

We use symbols where we can, but sometimes a number is necessary and/or better than a symbol.

There is a feature in the final version that pops up colored text over each unit so you can see its status.

Aske, we don't have an undo. Funny, not one of our testers has mentioned this before, and you are the first of many thousand demo players to mention it smile.gif That does not mean it is a bad idea, just that it doesn't seem to be necessary or we would have heard a LOT of calls for it. It isn't something that will go into version 1.0, but who knows about future versions. For me, I don't miss Undo at all, and usually I am a guy who flunks games for not having it! Oh, as Howard pointed out, make sure you have read the HTML instructions that came with the demo to make sure you fully understand the waypoint system just in case.

Steve