CMBO & Snow?

Howdy,

I used to own CMBO, and lost the disk - right before I did a reformat :rolleyes: . Anyway, I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it again (I know it's old, but I really enjoyed that one tongue.gif ). One thing I'm trying to remember, does CMBO depict snow in winter (given the proper geographic locations, of course)?

Many thanks.

Glenn

CMBO is quite snowy, especially in the Ardennes and the Vosges in winter. There is also a variety of winter mods available in CMMOS over at CMHQ that depict the snow cover the way it was when if first started snowing during the battle of the Bulge (Tom's Bulge Mod) all the way through to what it looked like after it had snowed for a week and everything was blanketed by the worst winter in fifty years (the Abominable Snow Mod). Look for these (and several others) under a mod group called Winter Wonderland.

There are also several nice water mods showing various states of frozen ice. Strontium Dog did a particularly cold and unpleasant looking one.

To get the full effects of CMBO at an absolute minimum you have to get the MDMP packs from CMHQ, because not all winter terrain bmp's are included, though the programming is there. One thing that I really like about CMBO in winter is that Gordon did snow-covered vehicle mods as well as white-wash mods. This doesn't seem to have been done for CMBB yet.

This will take you straight to the cmmos section:

http://www.combatmission.com/cmmos/cmmos.asp

Normally you would just go to combatmission.com and stare at the menu on the left for a while. I've never understood why, but I've always found that menu hard to read.

Somewhere on this site there used to be a fairly up-to-date collection of useful links.