Armor penetrations?

I was wondering but are all penetrations supposed to kill, or can a penetration just partially disable a vehicle? Last Defense, with me as US. German Tiger is parked just before the first wall line, shelling one of my maching guns. M18 on top of hill clears a smokescreen and fires off (I think HE for some reason) a round at the Tiger and gets an Front Upper Hull Penetration. I of course cheer, but 10 seconds later the Tiger fires of another round at the MG position. Should the Tiger have died there, or is the sucker damaged. I would have figured that the Tiger, if it was able to, would have turned it's turret at the m18, backed off, or something, but no luck. Could it be that it's turret was damaged and can't turn, or maybe the driver was killed, so that's why it's not moving. Just thinking that those tanker guys must have brass balls to stay in the think when thier armor was penetrated.

Mikey

In the same way as a man can be shot but not killed a Tiger can be hit and penetrated but not killed.

Most probably some of the crew were killed by the minor penetration and a combination of their shock and continued hits probably prevented them from firing at you...

Shock can also just simply halt the tank in place until it wears off (i've had that happen to my vehicles).

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers