Awfully quiet around here...

Normally had 5 or 6 EF/WF PBEM's going, but never replaced the opponents/games as they finnished. Downloaded a couple of demo's, but my heart is'nt in it. TG for the Rugby World Cup - helps a bit, but meanwhile my phonebill is running up - I'm keeping the modem going most of the nights - popping in every now and then to check if Godot has arrived

Yes, all is quiet on the Battlefront. Probably, at least in part, as a result of one of the other threads that popped up here and caused such a furor in the last 24 hours. All I can say of that is that I'm actually glad I didn't take part in it.

On a lighter note, has anyone downloaded and played the new demo that they just posted for TacOps???? I tried downloading it, but it didn't seem to want to load when I went to install it. I'm going to try again and see if I get better results since maybe it didn't finish downloading or something the first time. Has anyone else tried and run into similar trouble???

Mike D

aka Mikester

There was a problem with the .exe file, but the Major is working on the problem as we speak. Keep checking the TacOps section of the forum for details.

Stuff happens. smile.gif

Yes, the demo link is fixed. The Mac demo will probably be a week or so - seems a few bug crept in the Major is having problems finding.

I highly recommend this game. Graphically it isn't comparable to CM, but gameplay is brilliant - enough that several militaries around the world have licenced it for training (Canada, New Zealand & the good old USMC).

It is similar to CM in that it uses 1 minute turns with simultaneous execution.

Anyone with an interest in modern combat should have this. I've been playing it for years, and it's *still* great.