Fionn's Skirts

Rhet

biggrin.gif sorry Fionn I couldn't think of a better title biggrin.gif

Compare this screen shot of Fionn's StuG III http://www.battlefront.com/aar/Turn20a/Turn20round7.jpg

with this one (no peeking at Fionn's skirts Martin!) http://www.battlefront.com/aar/Turn20x/kelly20b.JPG

Did Martin actually blow Fionn's skirts off? wink.gif

No really, there seems to be a minor discrepancy in the dipiction of the StuG III in Martins screen shot. The StuG has no armored skirts. This is a minor point since it is just as dead in both cases. Just thought I would point it out.

------------------

Rhet

[This message has been edited by Rhet (edited 09-10-99).]

Guest KwazyDog

My, you are an observent one Rhet, arent you. smile.gif

Tis a good question I must admit. I know that in CM vehicles can come both with and without skirts, though this is the same vehcile from what I can see. Hmmmm, Maybe although Martin identified the vehicle, he mis-identified it without skirts?

Just a guess, I'll be interested what really happerened here smile.gif

Yes Martin there are two versions of the StuG III in CM. One with skirts and one without. But... Fionn can't start the battle waltzing around in skirts and then all the of the sudden they just dissappear as if they were never there before! wink.gif

------------------

Rhet

Ah, now I get it. Ok, I didn't look at the jpgs, since I don't want to see any of the screenshots from Fionns side. But there is an easy explanation - see, what you see in my screenshots is not necessarily exactly what Fionn has. From the Allied POV, his tank could have been identified as with (or without) skirts, although it really has them (or doesn't).

Yup, Martin you appear to be correct, after reviewing some of your earlier turns it seems that you never identified the StuG III as having skirts. I had thought you did. It seems that this feature is pretty prominent though. I would think that a StuG III with skirts would more likely be misidentified as a PzKw IV with skirts or maybe a Brummbar instead of a StuG without skirts. Vicea Verca could be the case too (a PzKw IV mistaken for a StuG).

------------------

Rhet

Guest KwazyDog

Thought so. Pretty darn cool smile.gif I knew that vehciles could remain of unknown type, but I wasnt aware that you could actually mis-identify vehicle. Very cool!

Rhet.

Simple answer:

MY shot of the StuG is accurate and shows it with skirts BUT Martin's shot is inaccurate and shows it without skirts BECAUSE of FOW..

His guys can tell its a StuG but can't see ALL the DETAILS yet.

Talk about attention to detail eh?

I've looked at the shots and there is no doubt that this is an effect of the FOW wink.gif. Impressive isn't it?

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest KwazyDog

It is, especially considering that little detail may make the difference between you ordering a bazooka team fire or not smile.gif I imagine Sherman models are very often confused for other types too.....

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 09-10-99).]

Definitely...

As a German all you will see most of the time is "Sherman M4?"

That could be anything from a Sherman 75 to a Sherman Jumbo 76 ;)

BIG DIFFERENCE !

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers