Cursor/Plotting problems

BDW

I have noticed three problems with plotting and the cursor.

1: the cursor jumps around a lot when I am trying to check los/target/plot waypoints, etc. This is especially true when I am in one of the 3D views like #3 or #4. When I go to the top-down view, every thing is a smooth as can be.

2: Sometimes the way-point lines are not drawn to my cursor. Like if I am plotting a move to some woods, and my cursor is right over the woods, the line itself sometimes is away from my cursor. I compensate for this by doing a two-step plotting process: I'll do a rough plot in the 3D view, then change to top down to tweak the waypoints and get them where I originally intended them.

3: Inability to adjust waypoints more than a short distance.

The first two are a bug that has already been fixed. The third is a feature. After you issued an order, you can only move it a certain distance away from the original point during the next turns. How far away depends largely on the quality of your unit, i.e. a veteran unit can adjust its waypoints much further than a green one.

Guest Big Time Software

One thing to add to Moon's comments. The limited movement of waypoints happens ONLY when the orders are in the process of being carried out. The last order is always a cube. If the cube is White, then you can adjust to your heart's content. If it is Red, restrictions are based on the quality of the unit.

Steve