Cheating

Guest John Maragoudakis

Oh this is a MAJOR find..

I'll pass it on right away so it won't work in the release version..

The key here is to fix the release versio. Sure people can use this to cheat in the beta demo now BUT not in the release version.

BTW I will suggest that Yak's post and those following it are deleted so that people who might use the cheat can't see it wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Please read my post John. It is not a matter of hiding anything, it is a matter of sorting out this problem with a minimum or repercussions for all the happy PBEM players out there.

The bug was reported late last week and is already fixed.

The only level ground we are on now is that every person with an inclination to cheat can do so and every person with an inclination to worry about cheaters will worry.

Anyway, problem solved, exit problem.

M.

Guest Scott Clinton

Are you guys really that conserned about cheating? It never really occured to me to be worried about it at all. I mean if my opponent thinks he/she must cheat to win or enjoy themselves then fine. Perhaps they need that little 'handicap'. Its not like we are playing for money.

When my games with someone cease to be enjoyable whether they cheat or not, then I will stop playing with them.

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Scott,

Cheating is rife in PBEM games and tournaments out there and there is nothing which destroys the enjoyment of a game more than knowing your opponent can see all of your moves, none of your ambushes work and has hacked his way to more accurate arty etc..

It does destroy the game.. The good thing is that if you remove that (as much as is possible) then the cheaters are FORCED to become better players and everyone, including them, gains.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Captain Foobar

Although this might be discussed elsewhere, is there anything in place to stop people from recalculating their pbem game numerous times to get the most favorable results?

Yes - this issue has been discussed in great detail elsewhere. To summarize, while you can certainly calculate the results as many times as you like, the other player will see them first - CM won't play the movie for you. So you don't know what the results were and hence cannot try for any specific result.