Plcaement of CM 'window' on a multiple monitor setup.

Subject says it all. On the Mac I'll use, I've got 1 monitor, but on my home comp (wintel), I've got 2 monitors. IS CM going to be compatible, or should I disable one monitor while playing the game? I ask because some of the so called W98 games make my system puke pretty badly. It's not a big deal to remove one of the monitors, just that I'm rather lazy smile.gif

Thanks for any info.

Tom

Guest Big Time Software

I could be wrong, but DirectX is supposed to handle this automatically (stop laughing!!) for games that are Full Screen only, which CM is. But, the truth is, we don't know! Should be an easy thing to figure out so we will look into it...

Steve

Well all the games I have played on with 2 monitors work like this - One monitor has the the WIn 98 screen, and the other with the game if you choose that graphic card to play the game on. I had a Banshee V2 and a Leadtek Tnt2 at one stage, and it was like this when I chose the Banshee for 3dfx enhanced games.

CCj

Guest L Tankersley

I hope you're not using DirectPlay for networking - not being able to play Mac vs PC has frustrated me on a lot of games in the past.

L. Tankersley

Thanks for the info Steve. I didn't know that it was DirectX that was responsible for multiple monitors. Eh, that does not fill me with confidence (insert standard anti MS slogan here). I've got an ATI Rage Turbo pro 8 Mb pci card driving a 15" monitor as a secondary display....or at least what I think of as a secondary display. I suppose I could yank it if it causes any trouble. But then I assume if the demo runs flawlessly, so will the game.

Thanks

Tom

Guest Big Time Software

We are not using DPlay for networking because, as you say, it would prevent Mac to PC networking. Charles already has code to support x-platform networking so no fears!

Thomas, yup! If even the Beta Demo works with your two monitors the final will too. All the drawing code hasn't been touched in many months and isn't likely to be messed with (much) between now and then.

CoolColJ, this is how we expect it to work on a PC. On a Mac with even 3 monitors games work automatically like this. The designated Primary monitor gets the game, the secondary ones get the desktop.

Steve