World at War Historical Flags mod

Version 1.0 has already been posted, and version 1.1 has been submitted for review (it will probably be up sometime tomorrow).

This mod draws heavily on my flag mod for Storm over Europe. There are still a few minor issues that need to get ironed out with the activation icons, and I haven't really addressed the Nato 2D icons yet (but I will, eventually).

Testing the mod made me realize what a good scenario Storm over Europe is, and also made me realize that the game I really wanted was Storm over Europe expanded to the entire world without reducing its scale. The invasion of France just doesn't feel right when there's so little room to maneuver.

Version 1.1 of the World at War Historical Flags mod has now been posted to the repository.

To find it go to the Strategic Command WW II Global section and click on the Assault on Democracy subsection. You'll see it at the bottom of the list.

I'm in the process of coming up with an AOD-specific version of my 2D-Nato sprites. I think I've got a way of distinguishing divisions from corps from armies that is consistent with the color progression I used in my Storm over Europe mod. I'm currently trying to decide what the appropriate WW II-era Nato symbol is for armored trains, V-2's, and nebelwerfers (aka Katyusha's). I also need to double check all of the flags against another source to make sure I didn't miss something (don't think I did, but the devil is in the details).

• 4 weeks later...

I've decided, at least temporarily, that I'd prefer to see India flying a flag that is different from the Union flag. So India is now using a red ensign with the star of India centered in the fly.

It wasn't really the official flag, but most people back then thought it was. It was also the flag that was used at sporting events, the League of Nations, the founding of the U.N., and several propaganda posters.

The Historical flag mod is now up to version 1.2 and can be found in the Assault on Democracy section of the Repository.