Newsreels

Will we be able to leave a camera at the POV of a unit and have it move with the unit? That will create newsreel-style footage. Great stuff. You guys should post some player scenario footage on the site. How about if it was already in movie format? It could be like a preview of the scenario.

------------------

Climb to Glory!

Guest Big Time Software

Yes, you can do POV camera locks on units, from any camera angle too. The best is at ground level on a tank, in motion, tracking targets. Mucho fun!

We plan on having an option that will save out each turn's resolution playback to a single file so you can watch the whole battle. However, this is in CM format, not QT format, so we can't just go uploading these files. To do QT we would need to write an engine for that, and don't even ask what that would take smile.gif Plus the movies would look like crap compared to the full playback, so it isn't worth it.

Steve

Steve,

All the more reason to just release the game so that you don't have to do all that extra nasty programming to show us how cool it really is. :) Sorry, I'm starting to get a little impatient, I just can't wait til this game arrives at the front door. From there it will be a beeline to the computer and a full day/night of playing away. I can see my buttdinski falling asleep already, as I won't be able to unglue myself from the screen. Let's see, sounds like I'd better start planning this. I'm going to need a small fridge by the computer for beer, soda's, food and the like. Mircowave on top of the fridge. That way I won't have to leave at all. Well..... Hmmm, now all I need to do is figure out the bathroom thing and I'll be set!

Mike D

aka Mikester

Guest Big Time Software

Well Mike, look at it this way... you can spend the rest of the development time asking for us to release the game early, which would probably disapoint you after a couple of months solid play ( wink.gif), or you could put the time to better use by making a new room for yourself complete with small kitchen and bathroom so you can play it day and night for about a year. The choice is yours wink.gif

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 06-11-99).]

Yeah, yeah. I know, I know. It will be better to wait and get the game right, than to have you guys rush it out the door. Just getting antsy is all. Hmm, put a bathroom in the office, not a bad idea. Or maybe I can find enough room to move the computer into the bathroom...? Hmmm... smile.gif

Mike D

aka Mikester

I would think that rather than installing the PC in the john a better choice would be a keyboard/vidio splitter. Depending on model you can have monitors and keyboards deployed throughout the house.

------------------

If something cannot be fixed by hitting it or by swearing at it, it wasn't worth saving anyway.

You know, I can't help but notice that the release date for CM is "slipping" right into the beginning of my fall semester. Who put you guys up to the job of ruining my grades.. probably the same folks who came up with this "beer" stuff.

Chris R

p.s. Back after a month of being away from the internet and finding alot of catching up to do on the msg board. I don't suppose you guys are considering releasing a compendium of the messages in a multivolume hard copy series?