Question about unit images in the later scenarios

I just finished the first draft of my WW I flag mod, which modifies the graphics to greater or lesser degrees in all of the WW I scenarios that came with the game (and one that didn't).

When you do this kind of thing you end up spending a lot of time getting down and dirty with intimate details of a game that you have no business noticing. Unfortunately I've noticed something, and wasn't sure how to deal with it in my mod.

In scenarios that take place in 1917 and 1918 (and this probably applies to 1916 as well), when you start building new units, if you only build them to the first quality level French infantry will be wearing their August 1914 red trousers and German infantry will be wearing pickelhaube with coverings.

My modder's instinct tells me that these uniforms (and a few others like them) are out of place in these years, and that it might be better to cover over the earlier set of uniform images with the middle set. I've noticed this happening in at least one of the later scenarios, but I am not sure if it is a feature of smaller late-war scenarios, or a design a general design feature meant to be applied across the board to anything that happens after 1915 (or maybe 1916).

I'd love some extra insight on this point while I figure out how to get this thing uploaded (because the entire mod as it exists on my computer is frighteningly big).

Hi Philippe,

My recommendation would be to implement the changes only in the second level or later iterations of the bitmap images. This way the image will change once it gets upgraded. Units which don't change could then represent the second line or perhaps reserve/garrison/territorial troops which probably did not have the newest equipment (front line units having priority).

Will