Withdrawl

Withdrawl…

Losing………..….consciousness……………

Heart rate…………..slooowwwwwwwwwwwing………..

Each breath comes harder……………………….

Fading into …………….oblivion……….

Need information……………

Need a new movie…………………

At least a new screen shot, or two…………….

Some interface screen shots perhaps?…………………

Something………………Anything…………………

What's up doc?

What's that you say?

Stick out my tongue and say ahhhhhh…………..

Ahhhhhhhhhh,………… Ack THpppptttttt (Bill the Cat)

It's no good doc…………………….….

I'm in a bad way……………………

Only an update will cure me……

It's the only way to save the day.

Poetry ala Mikester

(who said engineers don't have any creativity)

How bout throwing us a bone BTS?

Of course I won't be fully cured till the game is out.

(or at least till the playable demo is available)

;)

Guest Rhet Schmidt

LOL

"who said engineers don't have any creativity"

Not this engineer!

BTW, I hope you are not seeing a proctologist for CMWS (Combat Mission Waiting Syndrome)it will only hurt you in the end.

------------------

Rhet

Guest Big Time Software

HEHE!! Well, you will all be happy to know that several bones, some of them big and meaty, are coming your way next week. Just check back here like you always do and we'll let you know where to look.

Stefve

That is good news!

I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I have a request... If you are going to release more movies, can you do at least one in a higher resolution format (for those of us with faster connections or those who don't mind long, even very long, downloads)

My connection can go up to 400K/sec depending on the server on the other end, so I wouldn't mind it at all if you posted a 640x480 150meg movie clip of CM in action! That would rule!

Or maybe something in between. But last time I had a hard time making out what was going on because the movies were so small.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by BDW (edited 04-30-99).]

Yeah I recently downloaded the "Mech Commander" demo. It was over 100meg. I started it, went and made a "turkey burger", then when I came back it was already done!

So as far as I am concerned, the bigger the movie clip the better. Hell, make it 500 meg for all I care! I just want to see this baby in all it's splendor and glory!

I'm w/ BDW here. Give us at least one "good" movie clip. I've got a superfast T1 or T3 connection at work. So in a worst case scenario, I can always go download it and watch it there. Got a good one at home too w/ a 56.6 modem, so downloading it here wouldnt be too bad either. Better resolution and a little bit bigger frame size than that little postage stamp movie of the originals would be greatly appreciated. Also, a lot of still shots of maps, tanks, buildings, soldiers, smoke, general destruction, etc. would be really cool. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mike D

aka Mikester

Guest Big Time Software

When we DO post new movies, at least one will be larger format for the die hards. There will also be a smaller version of it too, so nobody is going to miss out if they don't download a 10MB movie smile.gif

Unfortunately, don't expect movies next week. Obviously it has been too long since we posted the last ones, but we have been VERY busy doing much more "important" things. Next week all will become clearer.

Steve

Along the lines of "all becoming clearer". Some time ago there was some discussion and veiled comments from BTS I believe (sorry, but I don't remember the details of said discussion) in regard to packaging, distibution, etc. of the game. Will next week bring to light some of these topics as well?

Guest Big Time Software

Yes to the sound. And we are going to try capturing without using the same level of compression we did with the old ones. The real thing is in CD quality active 3D stereo. We would like to get that in this time (last ones were poor quality mono...)

The "clarity" coming this week will make all things "clear". That's all you are going to get out of me for now smile.gif

Steve

Guest BigAlMoho

"The real thing is in CD quality active 3D stereo." Will this be compatable with A3D?

Guest Big Time Software

Only if Direct Sound supports it, and I am not sure if it does yet. We don't have the support multiple standards at this stage in the game.

Steve

Hey BTS,

It's nearly the end of the week and I'm still anxiously awaiting those "big, meaty bones" you promised. I've already spoken to my lawyer (not to mention my doctor) regarding the heightened stress level you folks are causing me. My lawyer thinks I should sue for several million, but I'd settle out of court for an advance copy of CM...