Yet another grazing fire question

Guest Big Time Software

No, it will not be. The simple reason is that the outgoing firepower of a squad is an average of all available weapons. We don't have the CPU power to determine individual weapons and grazing fire for all units. In fact, early on we thought adding grazing fire for team MGs was going to be too much, but this turned out to not be too bad.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Nah, he asked about "MG units" and "squad MGs", and this is a logical question to ask. If one has grazing fire, does the other? Answer is above, and that is a "yes" for teams with M/HMGs, "no" for squads with LMGs.

Steve

Thank you Steve. Your response makes perfect sense.

Fionn,

No, I was asking about the squad level MGs. Actually I was erally asking about the German MGs... neither the BAR (not really a MG) nor the Bren can put out the firepower to bother concidering grazing effects. The Germans on the otherhand had a different philosophy about MGs. The squad was really support for the squad's MG(s).

Guest KwazyDog

Berlichtingen, just thought you might like another example of where Ive seen grazing fire in action in a recent battle I played with the latest beta.

I have a .50cal on a hill letting loose on a German squad in a house some 500m away. Hehe, he wasnt doing all that much to the squad, but in one one minute turn he brewed up a kubelwagon that was nearby (and already abandoned I might add) and took out a Puma that was cruising past the infantry squad. At no point did he retarget, this was all just colatoral damage... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 12-09-99).]