Close Combat VS tanks

I see that LATW (bazookas, PF, Panzerschreck etc) will be used by the infantry. Will close combat, infantry vs vechiles, be possible if you dont have a LATW avaiable? Will German tanks have nahverteidigungswaffe (close defense wepons system)? And last but not least smile.gif is German stand off armor, those funny looking skirts wink.gif, factored in when attacked by HEAT warheads? Oops...That brings one more thing to mind. Tanks and AT/field guns will use HE, AP, HEAT, APDS and Cannister? Some of these ammo types are mentioned in the FAQ but not all.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Chris Smith (edited 03-27-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

In theory, any squad can knock out any tank if they get in close and aren't mauled by something while attacking. I say in *theory* smile.gif In reality this should happen rarely. To knock out any enclosed armored vehicle with grenades requires a Hell of a lot of bravery and even more good luck. This is why German squads are to be FEARED and US squads are only a minor threat. Germans have those panzerfaust thingies to be worried about smile.gif BTW, just poking through my copy of The Great Patriotic War and found a stat that says the Germans had 3mil PFs for the Battle of Berlin! Don't know how true that is, but the number of Soviet tanks that didn't make it through the battle makes me think the number is close...

German tanks that had nahverteidigungswaffe fitted will indeed have them. We weren't going to include them for a lack of data, but Charlie stumbled upon some so they are in (I think they might even be working now).

Skirt armor is already simulated. We even have non-skirt versions of skirted tank models as they did not always have their skirts fitted. Some were lost in combat, others were tossed off by the crew for greater visibility, and some tanks simply went to the front too quickly to have them put on.

CM simulates more balistic and armor types than any game out there. In fact, it is probably as complete as can be. We simulate more balistic and armor physics than we can list at this point. In fact, Charles is putting in some newly found data from "U.S. Dept. of Commerce's National Technical Information Service - PB91127506 Penetration of Armour Plate". And we felt the equations BEFORE this were DoD quality, now... smile.gif

Steve

BTS is doing a great job, I can tell. biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

In theory, any squad can knock out any tank if they get in close and aren't mauled by something while attacking. I say in *theory* In reality this should happen rarely. To knock out any enclosed armored vehicle with grenades requires a Hell of a lot of bravery and even more good luck. This is why German squads are to be FEARED and US squads are only a minor threat.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree completely. Tanks are tuff. How about Halftracks, Scoutcars and open topped vechiles such as US tank destoryers, Marders, Nashornes ect? These boys are a lot more likely to be toasted by grenades, molotovs and foul language smile.gif hurled into their midst.

Nahverteidigungswaffe combined with MGs should make any allied squad think twice about getting too close to German AFVs!

As you pointed out (in the Buildings thread) throwing a track in combat is REALLY BAD. Can squads immobilize AFVs without LATW?

[This message has been edited by Chris Smith (edited 03-27-99).]