Foxhole question

I just downloaded this game and am quickly becoming addicted. I searched this question but couldn't find anything. Can a defending squad or unit prepare more than 1 foxhole /defensive position in the set up phase? For instance, can I have a squad dug in in a forward position for ambush /scouting duty and then have a foxhole waiting for them in the mainline of defense that they can fall back on? Was this even a common tactic?

Also, I have many other mundane questions that I don't want to bother this forum with, is ther a FAQ on basic game play / functions posted anywhere?

In a design-your-own situation with a budget to allocate for your side, field fortifications can have prices just as well as troop units. If you'd rather allocate purchase points to foxholes than to tanks, who am I to say you're wrong?

For the situation designer, I suppose it's a question of how long the defender has been in his (his/her for the PC crowd) positions. The longer the troops have been there, the better their prepared positions.