WHILE WAITING FOR CM check out WWII FPS

I hope this is cool, Steve I saw a post for another game which can't touch CM but maybe you guys would like to check it out.

It's a mod for halflife, if you don't have halflife too bad... It's actually a pretty cool online WWII FPS mod. (It's actually the only one that shows some merit.)

It's Western Europe WWII

http://www.planethalflife.com/borderline/mods/wie/

I know I'll be spending alot of time here before CM comes out!

Download it let me know what ya think.

------------------

Sgt. Rock Says " War is Hell, but games are fun "

Hmmmm,Surprised not more of you jumped at this, I find it really quite enjoyable, beats the Hell out of that SCI-FI Crap...Come on check it out and then Email me when your gonna be on (Include Time Zone)

Later I gotta go kill some Krauts..

------------------

Seriously addicted to this game!

Keep trying to get into the servers, sometimes you get a CL_Enimity Error Msg

There are couple ways around it I found

1-Set your filters on WIE and then do a Quickstart

2-(doesn't always work) Goto Mplayer right away and when you enter a server click join instead of double clicking..

Try and get it in, The game is worth it, and

let me know when your on!

We could start our own server if we get enough guys.

------------------

No I play on Won, Halflifes dedicated server.

So addicted to this game, hope they get more maps out like the village lots of places to hide tall buildings to snipe in..awsome!...Still wish I was playing CM though...BETTTTAAAH!

(SGTRock Slumps down on the hot, and dry desert sand)

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Hey SARGE, LISTEN UP....

This is Captain Foobar, Ive seen you on the "DARKMAN" war in europe server. That game is so much fun!!! I think Darkman is the only reliable server yet, but they have big plans for the game, and I've talked my brother into putting WIE on his server, and he's putting friendly fire ON, so no more spraying support fire through your attack group..hehe. If you know of any additional maps than the 4 on darkman, let me know, so that i can include them on the server!!!

------------------

I have loaded MPlayer on three separate occasions. Each time I have an uneasy feeling as the MPlayer wizard scans my drive and sends needed files to my drive.

The feeling of uneasiness grows into nausea as I once again begin to experience performance, lock-up and a host of other wild problems.

I know, I know, lots of you out in WWW have no problems with MPlayer, I'm just supporting FooBar's postition.

Sincerely,

Richard Kalajian

Guest Scott Clinton

I am personally having a blast with the new Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. This game is great. A LOT more realistic and alot more fun than this IMHO...as long as you like the modern-anti-terrorist theme! ;)

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Guest Tom punkrawk

Hey,I know of another WW2 FPS,it's called WW2GI,it doesn't have great graphics(I'm sure half-life's mod has kick ass graphics,I've been trying to get a copy from my friends so I can place this mod),but it's ok.I own it,it's pretty cheap,time consuming I suppose.BUt it's very hard,I can't get passed the first lvl(which is a D-Day landing type lvl)on the easiest difficulty w/ out using cheat codes

------------------

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show

Have WWII GI it's an alright game, got's some great Mods (Vietnam one is awsome 'Called Platoon Leader') I don't mind WWII GI I played it for awhile but now that WIE is here I probably won't go back although I've been having problems with WIE lately. I can't get any of my maps to load in anymore the error message I get now is 'Map not compatiable with Servers, ever since I downloaded patch 61. This is really pissing me off! I wrote Boarderline (Makers of WIE) and they still haven't written me back yet frown.gif I know it's just a Beta and stuff happens but, I've gotten so annyoyed I've just stopped playing...

------------------