Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Point system clarification

I was wondering if some one could clear this up. In the scenario design method using a designated point quantity approach; will you be able to control the quality of the troops you purchase and will there be a significant variation in cost if so? I.e. Can I purchase elite rather than conscripts :-P

Also:

Why using the Dyo willthe random map generate a (different) random map to specifications each time the map is used to consistantly gain a map with the same overall settings yet will be blind on each new game?

If this isnt possible will you be able to save your overall setup prior to execution so that you can play matches on the same setting to get that blind game every game using points?

Thanks

Yes, the DYO scenarios allow you not only to give each player a number of points to "buy" his units, but also pre-set the rough type of force (infantry, mechanized or armor) and the quality (low, medium, high). And yes, veterans and elite are much more expensive than conscripts as you'd expect.

Nothing prevents you from playing another DYO game with the same settings. The forces have to bought new and the map will be generated new as well. I hope that answers your questions...

thanks for replying moon,

almost answers it- you say that you can use the same settings again, but does this mean I can actually save them to drastically reduce the time to generate another scenario? Or must I start from scratch and re-enter allthat info again?

thanks

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 12-22-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

It only takes a couple of minutes to set a game up (3 or so) and maybe 20 to purchase your troops if you are REALLY thinking about it. So the next time through you should be able to do it in 5-10min. For a game that will take you about 6-12 hours to finish (guess), +/- 10 minutes for setup is not a major concern.

Steve

SS_Panzerleader,

It took me about 40 minutes to move from the idea I discussed with Matt on ICQ to making a hill and taking some photos, then deciding to scrub that idea and make a full scenario, load it up and run it through once. The actual map design, unit placement thing took only about 15 to 20 minutes..

The other 20 was time spent on doing just pics of German tanks (which I then scrubbed in favour of doing a whole scenario photoshoot).

Just to clear up that misunderstanding.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers