Playback

Guest John Maragoudakis

Actually I think the the AAR with 1 minute downloads is the best we can do at the moment.

The AAR shows planning, considerations etc etc and the movie accompanying it shows action.

Eventually if it is possible to tie the movie together and then insert captioning this would be superior but for right now I think the 1 minute movies backed by written text are good. If people watch what happens they will learn a lot I am certain.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest John Maragoudakis

Well if Big Time would clarify the issue, most people wouldn't mind waiting for that nice feature in a patch. But will it be included? Is it that complicated?

Guest John Maragoudakis

Newbies scrambling to understand wargames would probably benifit the most.

It's not only whole games that would apply here. With a hot seat set up, you can even setup mini 5 min clips like assaulting certain types of positions.

The movies at the gamers net are usefull, but it's a drag to download each, one at a time into the cm folder then load each one separately into the pbem route.

Guest John Maragoudakis

If I heard, 'new movie up at the gamers net'.

I would feel more like going over to see it cause I can sit back and enjoy without the hassle of interuptions. What other wargame does that. CM would be a first.

Well here's what I've heard...

I heard that there wouldn't be time to get it in but that it is recognised to be really important.

With the announcement about shipping time maybe it will make it in the released version but I doubt it. Steve has said previously though that if it didn't get in the released version and is technically possible (which I think he feels it is) that it would be released as a free patch ( a la TCP/IP).

IOW I think you'll see it but don't know when.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers