Pushing immobilized / knocked out vehicles

BTS,

Fionn has lamented endlessly about not being able to push stalled/immobilized vehicles out of the way in the current game being played out since the code isn't in the game yet to do this. Unfortunately this has affected his advance to some degree which I'm certain has caused him to be overly cautious in his advance through the woods. But alas, that is the way things are for now.

Anyway, my question concerns what will happen if a tank, HT, etc., is actually knocked out and starts burning where it stands. Especially in the case of a tank where large caliber ammo stored in the turret might start to go off and/or explode I'm wondering if it will actually be possible, or for that matter prudent, for another vehicle to try and push it out of the way. How does CM plan to handle this situation??? Will it allow burning immobilized vehicles to be pushed??? If so, will there be some delay to how fast it can be pushed out of the way vs. if it were not burning to simulate the pushing vehicle / crew being more careful due to the fact that the vehicle is burning???

Regards,

Mike D

Aka Mikester

[This message has been edited by Mike D (edited 08-27-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Fionn has a right to be upset smile.gif That tank (Martin knows that it is bottled up, obviously, but he is not 100% sure what it is) could have pushed the knocked out HTs out of the way. Might have taken him some time, but it could have freed up a tank for combat.

A brewed up vehicle in CM is fairly abstract. What it is supposed to stand for is a vehicle that is totally out of play for good (campaign games can recover non-brewed up tanks). It also is a good sign from a FoW standpoint as the other side might no know it has scored a hit, but the brewing up clearly makes it obvious (we haven't coded some of this up yet).

Would a tank push a burning HT? Most probably. Would a tank push another burning tank? Maybe. But the chance of pushing another vehicle is going to have a lot to do with the mass of the pusher and the pushed smile.gif So you won't see a knocked out Tiger being pushed by a HT, on fire or not.

Steve